SEARCH RESULT

Total Matching Records found : 93

RBI Rules Out Introduction of Islamic Banking

-Outlook Kochi: Reserve Bank Governor D Subbarao today ruled out introduction of Islamic banking in the country but said other methods for channelising funds based on the principles of Islamic law can be looked at. "Islamic banking is not possible", he said, adding the central bank could look at other vehicles based on Islamic banking principles to channelise NRI funds. Replying to a question on the issue, Subbarao said: "There are some legal...

More »

Pitfalls for subsidy targeting -Subir Roy

-The Business Standard Cash transfer is targeted at the poor, but Aadhaar has no role in identifying the poor The disbursement of subsidies through direct cash transfers is round the corner. It will begin in 51 districts in the new year, just over a month away, and in half the country in four months’ time. So it is important to ask: do we have the capability to take on this job,...

More »

30,000 surrender 2nd gas connection in a week -Sanjay Dutta

-The Times of India After much confusion and protests, new cooking gas norms for weeding out duplicate and bogus connections appear to be finally working. Over 30,000 Indane customers alone surrendered their second connections last week, a senior oil ministry official told TOI on Monday. The official estimated the total number of customers who have surrendered connections in the region of over 50,000, considering that Indane - marketed by IndianOil - covers...

More »

Oil Cos Resume Issuing Subsidised LPG Connections

-Outlook After a few weeks of hiatus, state-owned oil companies have resumed issuing new subsidised cooking gas (LPG) connections, beginning with North Eastern states. In September, issue of new LPG connections had been put on hold pending a massive nationwide exercise to eliminate users having multiple connections at the same address. The three oil PSUs have now started releasing new LPG connections in Meghalaya, Sikkim, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, said Indian...

More »

SC stays all 2G proceedings in Delhi HC

-The Times of India The Supreme Court on Friday stayed all proceedings before the Delhi High Court relating to 20 petitions by 2G spectrum scam accused, including former telecom minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and others who had challenged the trial court's decision to frame charges against them. Appearing for the CBI, senior advocate K K Venugopal informed a bench of Justices G S Singhvi and K S Radhakrishnan that though...

More »

Video Archives

Archives

share on Facebook
Twitter
RSS
Feedback
Read Later

Contact Form

Please enter security code
      Close