SEARCH RESULT

Total Matching Records found : 291

Centre turns down foreign aid

-The Telegraph New Delhi: The Narendra Modi government on Wednesday cited a 2004 UPA decision on foreign assistance to turn down offers of Kerala flood aid from various countries although the National Disaster Management Plan 2016 allows the Centre to accept such help. The move triggered allegations of "policy confusion" from the CPM that heads the state government. Breaking its silence on such offers after Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced on Tuesday...

More »

Too Little, Too Late for Kerala? A Look at Centre's Response to Floods in Gujarat, Assam, Bihar -Sheikh Saaliq & Mayank Mohanti

-News18.com The state’s residents, politicians and bureaucrats have come together to provide relief and help with rebuilding, but what is striking is the delayed response in the release of funds for rescue and relief operations in the state from the central government. As Kerala continues to battle floods, the Pinarayi Vijayan government has found itself caught between nature’s fury and the lack of resources to wade through the flooded waters in ‘God’s...

More »

Kerala floods is man-made calamity: Madhav Gadgil

-India Today Kottayam/ Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has been facing unusually high rainfall since early August, which has led to statewide floods killing hundreds and causing severe damage. At least 167 people have lost their lives and over two lakh people are in relief camps. Most of the regions impacted by this monsoon were once classified as ecologically-sensitive zones (ESZs) by the Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP), also known as the Gadgil Committee. The report...

More »

PM announces immediate relief of Rs 500 crore to flood-hit Kerala

-PTI Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala): Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Saturday immediate financial assistance of Rs 500 crore for rain-battered Kerala, after reviewing the flood situation in the state. Modi also announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh per person to the next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to those seriously injured from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund, a Prime Minister's Office statement said. So far, 324 people have...

More »

49 killed as heavy rains lash Uttar Pradesh

-The Telegraph Lucknow: Rain related incidents have killed 49 people in Uttar Pradesh since Thursday, with Saharanpur accounting for 11 deaths, as monsoon rains led to house collapses and flooded larges areas, a spokesperson of the Relief Commissioner's Office said here. Rains also damaged an outer boundary wall of the 16th century Fatehpur Sikri fort, west of Agra. However, there was no damage to the main monument, a government spokesman said. While...

More »

Video Archives

Archives

share on Facebook
Twitter
RSS
Feedback
Read Later

Contact Form

Please enter security code
      Close